Monday, July 14, 2008

Ode to Public Pee

Okay, not actually an ode, because I'm no poet.

A couple days ago I was on Trax and noticed a puddle of some liquid hovering toward the front of the car. As we lurched forward, though, inertia kicked in and started the liquid flowing toward the back of the car.

The floor is grooved, so it ran down each groove at a different pace. It sort of reminded me of the way that the blob traveled, flowing along cracks and crevices, only faster. At each stop, the liquid took a rest, only to resume its march forward the next time we were in motion.

I should say at this point that it probably wasn't pee, but I like to think it was (especially since it didn't touch me). I watched in delight as it enveloped the shoes of the other passengers (everyone on the train seemed oblivious to it except for me).

Lucky for you, I was able to snap this picture of the liquid in question as it overtook a dude's shoe. You'll have to click on the picture and then look veeeeeeery closely:


The moral of the story is: when on public transportation, keep an eye on the floor. And on your seat. And on the people next to you. Basically, try not to touch anything.

1 comments:

suz said...

ewww....a good general rule to have in any public place i'd say